Sunday, January 04, 2004

Circular No 113



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 4 of January 2004. Circular No. 113
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
As you have noticed, I did not quit last year!. For some maybe it is an omen; keep on sending information and I shall send it out to your friends. Those that have survived Christmas dinner, New Year´s, celebrations, good for you, you belong to the hardy group of alumni that have and will keep up the MSB traditions proudly.
ALUMNI LISTING:
Before you start reading the Circular, I would like to ask you to open the .xls EXCEL file and use the result to build your private List of Alumni. The format is always the same so you can copy the weekly group into the principal. If you do not see a friend or classmate, please let me know.
The column: Form V, is the year you have graduated, be it in The Abbey School or any other school you went after leaving MSB. This is useful in creating your Class group.
The Contact information is the name of the person that included your name in the listing, this is important in the case an alumni has past away. The same is true for the nickname, business address business telephone, e-mail, home address, home telephone, and cell phone. Check these out, I am sure that there are a lot of mistakes; your name might be misspelled, just as your telephone might have changed???. I might want to call you !!!.
So now here is the part you have been waiting for, hope you can find a friend or can broaden the information.
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Manuel José Prada Padovani <manjosepra@hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Jan 07:21 (PST)

Ladislao:
Thanks for keeping good memories alive...
Best and sincere wishes for each and everyone of the mount boys in this coming year.
For us, the Venezuelans, we need lots of prayers and divine protection to sort this political problem that has us on the verge of civil strife, violence and what not.
Manuel Prada
----------------------------------------------------------------
And here is another email in response to our efforts to round up all the alumni.
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: <keung@tstt.net.tt>
Date: 31 Dec 04:09 (PST)

Dear Ladislao,
I have received two of your circulars to date. I however am not an old boy of MSB but read the circulars nevertheless.
I notice in one of the circulars there was mention of Brent Gonsalves, did he have a brother by the name of Andrew? if he is the same one, then I am friends with his family - his wife and three children.
God's Blessings and have a trouble free 2004.
Anthony
--------------------------------------------------------------
De: ANDRES MOFFIE moffiea@pdvsa.com
Asunto: PUT ME IN THE LIST.
Fecha: 12/08/2003 14:19:43

HI, guys,
I was up in mount since 1967 to 74 the same time as the Coscarart, the Garners, Thomas Pegus, Rudy Polderman, Thimothy Heally, W. Ramlogant ( off former SCALET IBIS HOTEL IN TUNAPUNA), Johnny Garcia, Skippy, Jimmy Samaroo, Wayne
Chang, Danny Isse, Garth Alexander, and others.
If Salvador remembers we did a lot of swimming for the Abbey Aqua Lads, I remember swimming against some swimming clubs here in Venezuela.
I have lots of photos of those wonderful days up in Abbey, I'll do my best to have them sent to you.
Do you guys remember Nurse Kelly, Mr. Marck, Mr. Julian, Basanta, Lord Short Pants (Mcintoch) ?. What about B. Lange Alias Rosita, and Br. Rupy?
I married 10 years ago, got two kids, one of 7 and one of 9 they are doing very well at school, and she is expecting another one in February coming, shit never to old for this business.
Right now I am working for the oil industry PDVSA in Engineering and Construction Department at Campo Morichal.
My home phone 0283-2555908, cel. No. 0416-7837219,
My brother Edgar e-mail EMOFFIE@HANOVER-CO.COM, his cel. No. 0416-6920974
Well amigos hope to hear from you all before Xmas.
Forgot to tell you I am also a extraordinary Eucharistic minister or the catholic church.
Jodio esto pero bueno.
ANDRES ELOY MOFFIE.
(If any one can give me clues as to the wellbeing of the mentioned, oldboys and personnel, please write. Ed.)
----------------------------------------------------------------
De: Don Mitchell, QC idmitch@candw.ag
Fecha: 05/10/2003 14:46:44

Hello Ladislao,
Congratulations are in order!! I do not know how you can manage it.
As a matter of curiosity, what is the 1962 document attached that bears all the signatures? [mine is one of them]
Don
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: Don Mitchell, QC idmitch@candw.ag
Date: 28 Aug 18:15 (PDT)

Hello Ladislao,
Here I am back in Antigua.
The trip to Trinidad is now past, and I must get back to work. But, I would like to send you some of the photographs I took.
My computer broke down, and is being repaired. I am borrowing Maggie's at the present.
I have downloaded the photos to it, and will attach them one by one to email messages that I shall send to you.
I am very bad with names, so please excuse the lack of information. The first one I call "The Head Table."
The old boys of the 1985 class who organised the function treated us all very hospitably. I thoroughly enjoyed the event, and hope that more of us will make it next year. They have promised to make it an annual event.
The monks and Ms Markus attended the Friday event. I attach several photos of them. It was so nostalgic to see them again.
Only Fr Abbot was able to make it to the Sunday lunch in the Maraval Valley.
The photos of the men and women in formal dress were taken at the dinner on the Friday night. The ones of us dressed less formally were taken on the Sunday at the home of Mr Hardip-Singh, where we enjoyed viewing the wide array of wild animals
surrounding the house.
Very few of the old boys from our generation were present. You will recognise the ones who are in the photos.
All the best,
Don
------------------------------------------------------------
From: Manuel José Prada Padovani <manjosepra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:12:01 +0000

Never the last Ladislao.
Thanks a million for the good and bad news, bad when they refer to people passing away but that is life. On a personal basis you have opened a book that Isaias, Urbano, Pedro, Azier and I, among others tried to keep open on the first Monday of every month, at times we tried to keep updated on our former friends but we were not able to keep things going steadily.
So thanks to you and my dear Gabby, I must write him, I love him dearly, he doesn't know how grateful I am to him for his kindness with me at Atchison Kansas, only God knows.
All the best Ladislao, really,
God bless and protect you.
Manuel prada.
-------------------------------------------------------------
From: Manuel José Prada Padovani <manjosepra@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:59:22 +0000

Ladislao,
Quien escribió ese articulo, tan interesante sobre Egipto y Venezuela, por favor envíame su dirección y solamente el articulo ya que no se, coño como guardar solamente ese trabajo tan interesante, gracias, amigo, Te debo mi articulo sobre mi experiencia educativa en Trinidad,
Promise.
Manuel

Who wrote that article, so interesting on Egypt and Venezuela, please send me his address and only the artìcule since I do not know, coño how to save only that so interesting work, thanks, friend.
I owe you my articule on my experience in Trinidad,
Promise.
Manuel
----------------------------------------------------------------
As you can read from the last two email from Manuel, I am checking out all the files at a slow rate to make sure all your comments are published. Some are old but most are not time limited, and I am sure the writer needs assurances that his comment are for posterity.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C113.xls
Photos: Salvador Coscarart, a firiend and Pedro Coscarart
old boys R3 Fr. Abbot Alleyne, now in Guyana
Column: David Bratt - no column this week
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: