Saturday, September 18, 2004

Circular No 150




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 18 September 2004. Circular No. 150
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I have received the following photos that Edward Lloyd has sent so that you may enjoy the moments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ed Lloyd
Date: 9/6/2004 2:23:21 AM

Ladislao,
I am afraid that my scanner can not get a higher resolution than the 126 KB (768 x 624 pixels), so I am resending it. 600 to 1000 KB is a huge file and I can only get that resolution if a camera were used! am sorry.
Chris Ferguson? Maybe if you contacted Mac Seheult he may be able to get you Chris' email address.
The last time I saw Chris and Mac was in Tulsa Oka., back in '84, but Chris and Mac may still be in contact, if not try Wayne O'Connor in Trinidad as they are first cousins.
Good luck.
I am also attaching a photo of me accepting the swimming victorlodurom in 61 as Capt. of St Lawrence.
Edward Lloyd
Tel:- 01330 822 930 Mobile:- 07900 616 107
-----------------------------------------------------
From: Ed Lloyd
Date: 8/23/2004 3:10:32 AM

Ladislao,
Going through some old photo albums, I found the attached and after looking at it for a while I wonder if isn't Prep A & Form I combination photo.
Reason being is that you can spot the brothers in the group. John and Gordon Thavenot, John is on Fr Augustine's right and Gordon down the same row 7 from the right of Esmond Lange.
The da Costa boys, Simon is first left front row, and David is back row first left next to Michael Azar (Big Joe).
I am third left middle row next to Brian Lewis (Squeekie) then there is Jean de Meillac, Joel Blandin.
The back of the photo is also signed by a few guys and Fr Augustine.
Hope you all enjoy this oldie.
Edward Lloyd
-------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Edward Lloyd
Date: 24 Apr 07:07 (BST)

Ladislao,
I must have been having a senior moment.
The message was for you was to please direct all further Circulars to my new email address, which is edwardlloyd@tiscali.co.uk
Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to read and view what some of the old Mount boys are sending in from time to time.
I've been in touch with Michael Azar by phone from Oregon USA (8 hours time difference from Scotland),
Howard Ho by email and my old pal Tony Vieira on numerous occasions am presently waiting for a reply from him on the result of the cricket in Guyana with the WI vs England.
Let's hope that we can turn around the result today and tomorrow in POS.
Regards
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Edward Lloyd
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:57:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Lazslo,
I went to Mt from 55-62 and left in form 4, same class as Box head Mitchell.
I am retired now and have been living in Scotland these past 24 years (an old oil engineer).
Also just did 2 years consultancy work for BP in Trinidad working offshore Mayaro, so saw some of my old class friends now and again.
I've got some photos from yesteryear some where in the house, so will scan and forward to yourself.
I was captain for the AS swimming team in 62, also for St Lawrence and still have some records for my age group that still stand till today.
I've enjoyed getting the few most recent Circulars, which came as a surprise and I believe through Gregory Farfan.
I've noted with interest Eden Hutton writing in.
Is it possible to get his email address?
I also many years ago worked in Eastern Venezuela (65-77),in Anaco and San Tome and had the pleasure of meeting Fr Bernand during one of his visits in 73.
Saw some of the Farcheg boys in El Tigre (they ran a ferrateria).
Take care.
Edward Lloyd
--------------------------------------------------------------
From: Michael Azar
Date: 9/17/2004 6:55:51 PM
Ladislao,
Hope you have a good weekend
Joe
(Good to hear from you. Ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Another oldie from 1982

Hey There
Got your bulletin and the invitation to the Carnival fĂȘte. We received the invitation 2 days after the fĂȘte so naturally we could not attend.
I wrote you shortly before you went to Barbados, or perhaps you had already left, to let you know that our eldest son Ricky died suddenly from an Aneurism that burst in the brain. We were devastated by this and Bernice has not recovered from the shock as yet. Up to this morning she wept as she admired “Fall” on the way to work and recalled that he, like herself, used to count leaves remaining on the trees in our yard when they became scares of course.
We went on a trip to Miami by car in February for 2 weeks and enjoyed it immensely. We didn’t camp, we stayed in Motels. We even saw the Daytona 500 race. When we got back we learned that the Apartment building had been sold and the new owners wanted changes that were unacceptable to us so we had to leave. We moved in with Bernice’s Mother, brother and sister supposedly for a few weeks while I looked around in Toronto and Mississauga for a suitable position but Mother became very ill. Eman, the brother (Father Pinard) is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease which left him crippled and unable to speak. With both of them unable to fend for themselves and Claire incapable of coping with the situation alone. I had to stay on to be able to assist with lifting them, onto wheelchairs etc. I am therefore looking for something in St. Catharine’s without much luck so far.
No.3 son Gerard got married to his long time girlfriend Janet Reid on July 1st in Calgary. They were supposed to come to St. Catharine’s to be married but Gerard got into a Computer School and could not get the time off so they tied the knot there. Janet and Gerard went to school together and have been going steady ever since. She is a Canadian. We, unfortunately, were unable to attend the wedding.
No.2 daughter Susan, plans getting married on January 8 to Cristo Bernard, son of Bernard and Binco (Millar). The date is somewhat tentative.
Susan lives in T´dad but they plan coming up here to get married. We are hoping that you can arrange to come to Toronto at that time in order to attend the wedding. We can’t offer to put you up ourselves but we may be able to arrange something with the Furbachers. Let me know whether you can make it or not before I ask them.
Geoffrey’s daughter Lisa got married on July 17 and his son Ricardo was supposed to have gotten married on August 21. I haven’t heard from him on that wedding as yet.
Best of everything to you and yours.
Regards
Charles Prada.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is unfortunate that I have had no answer from Maurice Lloyd, so that I may include his email in this resume.
I hope that he gets thru the optic fibers, one of these days.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos: Went by Edward, Prep A and Form I 1958, Signatures of the photo, Victoriodurom 61
Column: dbratt ,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

idmitch said...

In the photo of Prep A and Form 1, I am nearly sure that No 33 is me, Don Mitchell.