Saturday, May 29, 2004

Circular No 134



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 29 of May 2004. Circular No. 134
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
This Circular is a bit late but I was out travelling, so please excuse me.
New Features.
1) I am including starting from this Circular a section with the title: WANTED, trying to find information on the whereabouts of Oldboys that are mentioned in the different emails, articles, etc. The names shall be left on the list until there is a positive answer, please collaborate!!!.
2) And last but not least, I am restarting to send the .xls list with names, but this time the list shall be ordered by year of graduation, Form V, starting from the first school class, although not graduating = 1942, the first graduating = class 1944??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here are some of the emails that you have written:
From: "Rafael Echeverria G." <reglaw@netuno.net.ve>
Date: 16 May 13:57 (PDT)

Thank you very much for the 1964 class photo Ladislao !!!!
No. 1 is not Russell Cunha ... It's me Cheche !!! ... We resembled each other a lot and everybody constantly mistook us.
I remember the moment of this photograph well.
Echeverria (cheche)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao kertesz" <kertesz11@icqmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 9:12 PM

Cheche,
What is happening, man!. you not getting the mail? Here I am enclosing the photo.
Good luck.
God bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sun, 2 May 2004 17:41:21 -0400, "Rafael Echeverria G." wrote:

Ladislao,
Yes, I can help. Please send me the class of 1994 to identify some of the guys. I can actually consult with Hector Ahow with whom I talk frequently. He should know everybody. I am not sure I have that photo you sent. I think I have been mistaken by someone with Russell Cunha. He and I resembled a lot. They use to tease both of us for that. I appear in one of the photos but I don't think I have the one you have circulated.
Please send it to me so that I can assist you !!!
Rafael Echeverria (CheChe)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Brent
I still remember the nice times I had in your house at Maraval Golf Club. Also the kindness of your parents. I cannot thank you enough, as those were difficult times for me, with Fr, Jerome telling me that if my English did not improve he would set me back one grade! You did help me during the short weekend let off.
God bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From:"Brent Gonsalves" <bregon@tstt.net.tt>
Date:23 May 07:40 (PDT)

Ladislao,
Let us remain in contact. The circulars about Abbey School are quite large and take a long time to download on my computer.
Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "g4iuz.icope" <g4iuz.icope@ntlworld.com>
Date: 16 May 01:31 (PDT)

Hello Ladislao,
I am as you say an alumnus of the Abbey School, Mount St Benedict. Please keep sending me your Circulars; one day soon I shall send you a potted history. Keep up the good work.
Kindest regards
Ian Cope
-----------------------------------------------------
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Date: 15 May 17:47 (PDT)

Hey there, Las,
Good to see you're making use of Arthur's OASIS files. I knew you'd find some useful stuff in them. Don't know how you'll pick and choose though. G' luck.
OK, that photographs with the 4 guys in it. For sure, #2 is Manuel Prada (Graduated 1960?) The other little guy I should surely remember - a Venezuelan kid - shame on me, he was in the Scout Band too, I think. My memory is rusting away, but perhaps someone will remind me. Don't know who the other two fellas are.
Can you give us a little dope about the continuing situation in Venezuela?
Regards,
Nigel
---------------------------------------------------------
From: (Evelyn, Glen)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:45:25 -0400

Lad,
It's sad that I can't remember the rest and yes there were others. I spoke to Che Che on the phone last week and planned on meeting but with the strike we never connected.
May God double your joys and cut all your grief in half.
All the best for the New Year.
Glen
------------------------------------------------------------
At 10:02 AM 12/26/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Dear Glen,
I hope all is well with you down by the Lake. I am sending you a photo to check again on the names of the group. Maybe there are more names. You are the only one with an address!!
The following is the list I have on class 1972:
1. Michael Pegus / Magoura
2. Franco Marconi
3.
4.
5. Frank Holmes
6. Elias or Edgar Murphy lived in El Tigre
7. John Gioannetti
8. Earl Agustus Teacher
9. Keith Allen
10. Glen Evelyn,
11. Pedro Coscarat in Florida
12. Renwic Villafana, runs a medical equipment company in St. James
13. Bhopa
14. Azizul Mohammed, the only Muslim at mount in the 60's -70's
15.
16.
17. Chin
18. Nigel Gomes, Diego Martin
19.
20.
Were there others? Check the annotations and add more.
God Bless
Ladislao
(I have lost touch with Evelyn, can anyone help? Ed.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: (Evelyn, Glen)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 11:11:30 -0400

Hi Lad,
Did you know that Charles Lindbergh tried to purchase a Viking in 1927? He then went to Ryan ( also powered by a Wright engine ) because the owners of Bellanca were fighting each other over who should pilot the plane.
Glen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: (Evelyn, Glen)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:14:44 -0400

Brother Lad,
I'm back in Venezuela and praying that I can stay at least until the end of the year. Slb wants to send us to Brazil, but to be honest I am tired of the Oilfields and thinking of moving back to the U.S and sending my wife to work. Am I lucky or what having a wife who is willing to take care of me? Would you be so kind as to send me Cheche's Tel # as on my next trip to Mcbo I would like to visit with him.
And yes I'm getting your circulars.
God bless you also.
Glen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: (Evelyn, Glen)
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:02:05 -0400

Lad,
I tried sending Luis this, but it kept bouncing back. Please see if you can forward it for me? thanks.
Glen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 08:44:44 -0400
To: eliasluis@cantv.net
Luis,
he encontrado tu direccion de email a traves de Ladislao, estoy trabajando en Venezuela con una compania petrolera que se llama Schlumberger, me case hace 14 anos, de los cuales tengo 10 anos trabajando aqui, ya he visitado muchos lugares en Venezuela y de verdad que estoy encantado de este pais y su gente, por otro lado te escribo porque me gustaria saber de tu vida.
Ojala reciba tu respuesta.
Con mucho aprecio,
Glen.
(Please confirm your address, ELIAS. Ed.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WANTED - WANTED - WANTED - WANTED - WANTED.
ELIAS, LUIS
EVELYN, GLEN
WAYNE HENDERSON
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure you overwhelmed Maroth with your offers to help the Web, that is the way to go!!!!.
I am enclosing the photo of class 1972, the same one sent a couple of times already, but this time with a list of names so that you may add the missing names and or make comments. Those names without numbers in the .xls file is because you have not recognized yourself or because you were from another Class or the Oldboy did not graduate Form V but would have graduated, (left early) if stayed. These last have a W attached to the year.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: Glen Evelyn Guitarra
Class 1972, please refer to this name
List: Class 1972 .xls photo enclosed.
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt , red alert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com,
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the
circular's mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Kaviacion@cantv.net for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received
one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: