Saturday, July 17, 2004

Circular No 141




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 17 July 2004. Circular No. 141
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Here is a new name for our Web page. I hope others will write if only once so that I may publish their emails.
The other day I was asked if I had the names on the photos that had numbers. Well friends it is up to you to provide the names, as I always ask, place names on the numbers, always mention the photo’s number also. Once I have enough names I shall either, take off the numbers and replace it with names or I shall publish the numbered photos with the names annexed to the photo on its lower part. I would like you to help me also with the year when the photo was taken, as sometimes the photo was not taken on the graduation year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Anthony Seheult"
Dear Ladislao,
I do not know of any other Anthony Seheult, especially working for BWIA. Are you sure the first name was Anthony? Mac is my older brother and lives in Houston. Peter is my younger brother and he is currently working in Nigeria. His children live in Naples, Florida, and we see them frequently. As far as I know, Mac, Peter, and I were the only three Seheults at the Mount at that time. I'll search for old pictures and try and email them to you in the coming week. I am sure I have some recent ones.
Tony Seheult
(Can you help me with their email addresses???, also the graduation date Form V. Ed.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao kertesz"
Dear Tony,
Thank you for the resume and welcome. Also there was an Anthony Seheult supposed to have graduated in 1963, he is a reservation agent for BWIA. I have met him in TT, he is a friend of Graham Gonsalves of the Living Waters Group. Did you know him?. And (Mac)James Seheult who graduated with me in 1960, and currently in USA at KELCO. Please straighten this out for me!!!. There is a Peter Seheult in the list but no other information.
Yes, the years have passed, but are good to remember the good old days. Have you any information that I may use for the circular??, old photos? . Recent photos?
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:32:34 -0400, "Anthony Seheult" wrote:

Dear Ladislao,
Remember me??? Nickname: Mussolini? Why, I will never know.. . . real name: Anthony (Tony) Seheult. Class of 1964. Classmates included Stuart Henderson, Geoffrey Herrera, Humphrey Hokoon, Bernard D'Abadie, Michael Azar, ? O'Connor, David D'Verteuil, just to mention a few.

My wife and I just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary yesterday, June 18th. We are here in Tampa, with our two daughters and two of our four granddaughters. Our son Joe lives in North Carolina and also has two daughters.
Eight years ago we took a trip back to Trinidad and spent an afternoon at the Mount. We visited with Fr. Augustine who at that time was an avid cook, and gave us samples of his (famous) guava jelly. I have not had any better! His hobby was preparing jellies and jams from all the various fruits of the island. I was also in the scouts in the Parrots Patrol and I believe our patrol leader was David D'Verteuil, but can't be too sure. Hell, it's been forty years! On a personal note, did you ever play tennis? And what year did you leave the Mount? I left in 1964 to attend St. Benedict's College in Atchison, Kansas, graduating from there in 1968 with a degree in Secondary Education, and taught school and coached track and basketball in Kansas City, Kansas for seven years.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Enjoy your newsletters.
Tony Seheult 4324 S. Hubert Ave. Tampa, FL 33611
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "andres federico freytez borges"
Date: 22 Jun 08:27 (PDT)
It has been very refreshing to overlook this mail . Thanks . I attended Mount during years 1959 , 1960 and 1961 . ( Prep A and B and Form I ).
Have you any idea of the whereabouts of Richard Jackman , both Small Worlds ( the Serraos ) , Wayne O´Connor ( my Swimming friend ) , the Nazi , Pinhead and the likes ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Tony Vieira
Date: 26 Jun 04:00 (PDT)
Ladislao,
I tried that email for brother Vincent, but it came back as undeliverable, could you send it to me again?
Tony Vieira
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here is an old letter December 15, 1982:

From J. Gordon Lang Bogota Colombia

I have been receiving your le disclosed in a Christmas Circular Letter which I plan to mail in the course of next week, Mysterious like Hitchcock, eh: However, what I want to tell you in this letter cannot wait until then. My eldest daughter, Johanna (20 years), is going to spend Christmas and the New Year in Connecticut (U.S.A.) with friends and plans to visits Canada for a short while immediately after, which would be around January 7th next. I would greatly appreciate if you could receive her and put up with her, sorry, put her up and guide her as much as you can about studies and universities in your part of Canada. She speaks English. If I don’t receive a telex of something from you before then, I shall phone you at your office on Monday, the 13th instant because Johanna is leaving for the States on the 15th. She can sleep in the living-room sofa. Anything!.
Love to all
Gordon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now for the list of WANTED, WANTED, WANTED
EVELYN, GLEN
WAYNE HENDERSON
SCIPIO SOODEEN
TREVOR EVELYN
MICHAEL CHATTERTON
RAYMOND DE CAMBRA
JOHN SKINNER
GORDON LANG
ROBERT LLANOS
PHILLIP NASSIEF
WINSTON LUCKY
JOHN CAMP CAMPINS
FR. JOHN MENDES
HUMPHREY HOKOON
RICHARD JACKMAN
GRAHAM GONSALVES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is interesting that I have includes in the Wanted list, names of old boys that are on the mailing list; to see if the are awake?, sober?, but either they do not recognize themselves as there is no response. Can any one help?? Give a shout to your friends, I need them!!!.
God Bless Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: I am going to start with some photos by Alain Devaux for whom I have a future Circular soon. 1950_53 St_benedict buildings a,b,c.
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt , loosing your child
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com,.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Kaviacion@cantv.net for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@candw.ag,
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: