Saturday, August 21, 2004

Circular No 146




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad
and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 21 August 2004 No. 146
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

I have good news for you; there is a new Website for the Monastery at Mt. St. Benedict. www.paxabbey.com, it is just starting and but it is already very informative.

For those that are finding photos in your old albums, your parents albums, please use yv1aci@yahoo.com or kaviacion@cantv.com, to send them as these two sites have ample free space.
Please remember, all photos I receive I send out after I do some photoshop adjusting; numbers names and file size. So if you have sent a photo and I have not sent it out within a month, the photo might have not reached me!!!.
Since last month Yahoo has given me 100MB of mailbox space, so there are no more bottle necks as there are in Icqmail or Hortmail.
Hurry and sent those wonderful photos you have stored away for this moment in history.

Now some local buzz:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Luciano Mellone [mellalugi@cantv.net]
Fecha: 10/07/2004 16:39:51
Archivos Adjuntos:
colegio_03.jpg (1315K)
colegio_02.jpg (329K)
colegio_01.jpg (40K)

Estimado Ladislao,
No sabe cuanto me alegra que por medio y gracias a el gran trabajo que Ud., esta desempeñando muchos de los ex alumnos del Abbey hemos podido volver a tener contacto y así poder recordar viejos tiempos, ya que muchos de nosotros en realidad éramos muy jóvenes para aquel entonces 11, 12 o 13 de edad.
Recientemente e tenido contacto vía teléfono con Alfredo Montiel ( Fofeo ) ( Venezuela ), Salvador Coscarat ( USA ), Alloy Garner ( Canada ), Antonio Zanella ( Venezuela ), Wbladimiro Diaz ( Venezuela ), Carlos Maneyro ( Venezuela ), y los hermanos Moffie ( Venezuela ). Adjunto le envió fotos de los compañeros de salón de clases del año 72, 73 le agradezco los pueda identificar con un # y yo le puedo suministrar algunos nombres para su identificación.
En el adjunto Foto de (334 KB ) en la primera línea de arriba de izquierda a derecha:
Juan Gerardo Cesarino, Luciano Mellone, David Holmes, Wbladimiro Diaz, Jean Pierre Tardieu, dentro del grupo se encuentran otros dos venezolanos Carlos Maneyro y Gustavo Tar.
Le agradezco me llame a mi celular y así poder organizar mejor lo de las fotografías.

You do not know how much it makes me happy that by this means and thanks to the great work that you have been carrying out many of the ex- students of the Abbey have been able to have conctact and so be able to remember old times, since many of us in fact were very young for then 11, 12 or 13 of age.
Recently I have had contact via telephone with ALFREDO MONTIEL (Fofeo) (Venezuela), SALVADOR COSCARAT (the USA), ALLOY GARNER (Canada), ANTONIO ZANELLA (Venezuela), WBLADIMIRO DIAZ (Venezuela), CARLOS MANEYRO (Venezuela) and the MOFFIE brothers (Venezuela). Attached I am sending photos of my companions of our class taken in the year 72, 73.
I am thankful if you could identify them with # so that I can provide some names for their identification.
In the annexed photo the first line at the last row from left to right::
Juan Gerald Cesarino, Luciano Mellone, David Holmes, Wbladimir Diaz, Jean Pierre Tardieu, within the group is other two Venezuelans Carlos Maneyro and Gustavo Tar.
I would like if you could calls me to my cellular and so to be able to organize better the photos.
Saludos
Luciano mellone
0414 – 8964362
-------------------------------------------------
De: Luciano Mellone [mellalugi@cantv.net]
Para: Kaviacion@cantv.net
Asunto: Re: Clase 71-72-73
Fecha: 09/09/2004 15:04:11
Archivos Adjuntos:
DSC00133.JPG (203K)

Estimado Ladislao,
Antes de todo quiero me disculpes por la demora.
E tenido N cantidad de contratiempos tanto personales como familiares.
Aqui le envio algunos nombres de ex compañeros de estudio en el Abbey
A very important point, up first floor we could see a person watching whats going on. guess wo ????????? Father Cuthbert. always watching ( if ) something went wrong.
Adjunto foto de mi familia de izquierda a derecha, mi esposa, mi hija, mi Padre, Mi Madre y mi persona.
Sigo viviendo en Pto Ordaz - Venezuela, mis telefonos 0286 - 9228091 Cel 0414 - 8964362.

Dear Ladislao,
Before everything I want you excuse me by the delay.
And had N amount of personal misfortunes as familiar.
Here I send some names of ex-companions of study in the Abbey
A very important point, up first floor we could see a person watching what´s going on, guess who????????? Father Cuthbert. always watching (if) something went wrong.
Attached photo of my family of left to right, my wife, my daughter, my Father, My Mother and myself.

Form III Class 1972 - 1973
1 - David Anthony Peters
2 - A. Roach.
3 - Es de venezuela, no recuerdo su nombre ¿?
4 - Father ¿? Chemistry Teacher.
5 - Jimmy
6 - Luciano Mellone
7 - ¿?
8 - Jean Pierre Tardieu
9 - ¿?
10 - Adrian Chandler.
11 - Hackett
12 - A Chandler Brother.
13 - ¿?
14 - Juan Gerardo Cesarino ( Ven )
15 - ¿?
16 - Gustavo Tar ( Ven )
17 - Alphonse Villarroel.
18 - Carlos A Maneyro. ( Ven )
19 - David Holmes ( Ven )
20 - ¿?
21 - ¿?
22 - ¿?
23 - Wbladimiro Diaz Doval ( Ven )
24 - ¿?
25 - ¿?
Saludos
Luciano Mellone
-----------------------------------------------
De: Salco56 [Salco56@cs.com]
Fecha: 10/07/2004 11:44:54
In a message dated 7/10/04 9:42:18 AM Central Daylight Time, mellalugi@cantv.net writes:
Date: 7/10/04 9:42:18 AM Central Daylight Time
From:mellalugi@cantv.net
To:moffie@pdvsa.com

Otro compañero de estudio que apareció.
Allí encontraran teléfono de oficina y celular
Saludos
Luciano Mellone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Alfredo Montiel Bezara
To: Luciano Mellone
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 4:41 PM

Apreciado Luciano,
Agradecido por la atención de comunicarte conmigo después de tantos ańos. Verdaderamente no te puedo reconocer en la foto que me envías, no es por mala memoria visual ya que siempre puedo reconocer muy bien, más no los nombres después de tanto tiempo sin saber de The Abbey School, MSB.
Como te conté, estuve recientemente en The Abbey School con Oscar Cantore y José Maria Costa, con quienes estudie a partir de 1967 por un par de ańos, y después Oscar se fue a Londres a terminar sus estudios y José Maria se vino para Caracas en 1969. Desde ese entonces hemos mantenido nuestra amistad aún cuando Oscar vine en Anaco (toda la vida) y recientemente estuvimos junto visitando The Abbey School y logramos conversar con los curas que quedan allí. Fue una experiencia excepcional haber estado los tres después de más de treinta y cinco años.
Hoy día nos vemos con mucha más frecuencia, tanto así que el pasado mes de Marzo, Oscar y yo estuvimos de pesca en el Cinaruco, deporte que le encanta a Oscar y me invito a pescar pavón. Te envió una foto con los dos únicos peces que logre pescar ese día, y Oscar esta sentado en el bote.
Un saludo cordial para ti y tu familia, y me alegra que te acuerdes de esas cosas de nińos que solíamos hacer. Próximamente, cuando vengas a Caracas no dudes en llamarme para vernos.

Thankful you for your attention of communicating with me after so many years.
I cannot recognize to you in the photo that you send to me, not because of bad memory since always I can recognize very well, but not the names after as much time out of The Abbey School, MSB.
As I told you, I was recently in The Abbey School with Oscar Cantore and Jose Maria Costa, with whom I studied as of 1967 for a couple of years, and later Oscar went to London to finish his studies and Jose Maria came for Caracas in 1969.
From then we have maintained our friendship even though Oscar comes to Anaco (all his life) and recently we were together visiting The Abbey School and managed to talk with the priests who are there.
It was an exceptional experience to have been three of us after thirty and five years.
Nowadays we see ourselves with much frequency, as much so that past month of March, Oscar and I were of fishing in the Cinaruco, sport that enchants Oscar and I invite me to fish “Pavón”.
It sent a photo with the only two fish that manage to catch that day, and seated Oscar to you this in the boat.
A warm greeting for you and your family, and cheer me that you remember those things of kids that we used to do.
Next, when you come to Caracas you do not doubt in calling me to see us.

Alfredo Montiel Bezara
0414-311-8091
0212-263-6111 Oficina
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Luciano Mellone [mailto:mellalugi@cantv.net]
Enviado el: Martes, 06 de Julio de 2004 03:27 p.m.
Para: Alfredo Montiel
Asunto: Abbey School 71 -72

Estimado amigo,
Me es grato saber que después de tantos ańos los amigos se re-encuentren y recuerden.
Adjunto te envió una foto actual con mi esposa.
Es muy probable que no te recuerdes muy bien de mi, pero yo si recuerdo las veces que ayudaste para que nos bautizaran con mayor frecuencia y las veces que también ayudaste para que no nos siguieran jodiendo ( Cachapa - Mono Loco - el difunto R y otros )
Buscare fotos de aquella época porque se que las tengo, y luego te las envio.
Saludos y el próximo viaje para Caracas te aviso para almorzar.

I am pleased to know that after so many years the friends meet again and remember.
Attached I send you a update photo with my wife.
It is very probable that you do not remember me very well, but I if I remember the times that helped so that they initiated us with greater frequency and the times that also helped so that to us they did not continue harass me (Cachapa - Crazy Monkey - the late R and others)
Will look for photos of that time because that I have them, and soon I shall send them to you.
Greetings and on my next travels for Caracas I invite you to have lunch.

Luciano Mellone
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another letter from the past.

December 15, 1982.
From: J. Gordon Lang
Bogota Colombia

I have en receiving your le disclosed in a Christmas Circular Letter which I plan to mail in the course of next week, Mysterious like Hitchcock, eh:
However, what I want to tell you in this letter cannot wait until then.
My eldest daughter, Johana (20 years), is going to spend Christmas and the New Year in Connecticut (U.S.A.) with friends and plans to visits Canada for a short while immediately after, which would be around January 7th next.
I would greatly appreciate if you could receive her and put up with her, sorry, put her up and guide her as much as you can about studies and universities in your part of Canada.
She speaks English.
If I don’t receive a telex of something from you before then, I shall phone you at your office o Monday, the 13th instant because Johana is leaving for the Sates on the 15th.
She can sleep in the living-room sofa. Anything!.
Love to all
Gordon
------------------------------------------------
I have tried to locate Gordon Lang in Bogota, but no luck, can anyone help.
Also I need the telephone of Jose Maria Costa, Juan Zanella andefurhter news on those mentioned in your emails.

God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos: By Luciano Mellone, (Class 1975 taken in 1973.) Colegio 03 150 15, Colegio 01a,
Dsc133 Family photo of Luciano.
Column: dbratt , Acts of Macho men
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: