Saturday, November 06, 2004

Circular No 157


Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 6 November 2004 No.157
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
From the numbers on the Circulars and the dates on them, you might have noticed that I am a couple of Circulars late.
Lately I have not been able to concentrate because I have lots of work, thank God. That does not mean that I shall skip numbers but they are going to get to you later.
Last week 22 to 26 of November, I did 2,250 Km by pickup truck, doing repair work on three telecommunication towers in the interior of Venezuela. This week I am doing another tower but closer to home.
But I do not want to you to dwell on my problems so here is another Newsletter but this time the actors will be local Venezuelan oldboys.
In some cases I have had to compose as the individual made no effort to write, but I could not post pone this Circular dedicated to the guys in Pto. La Cruz.
------------------------------------------------------------
De: michielid@cantv.net [michielid@cantv.net]
Fecha: 27/09/2004 23:01:44
Dear Friends,
Good night.
At this side is writing Daniel Roberto Michieli Carrizo, 48 years old, 1967 class.
I was in Abbey School from September 1967 until December 1969 (form 1, form 2 and one trimester of form 3).
I returned to Venezuela because of big a familiar problem.
Since then, I don't remember having a contact with friends (students, teachers or priests from Abbey School), and I am very happy of having this moment.
I remember the following friends from my class: Alfredo Montiel, Coscarat Brothers, Jose Costa, Frank Ibarra, Felipe Dáger, Simón Dáger, Oscar Cantore, Winston Cabello, Carlos Carabaño, José Antonio Luongo, Moffie Brothers, and from others classes Zanella (remember Aqualads), Carlos Malavé (leader of my boy scout group, I was his second), Franklin Malavé (captain of Saint Lawrence football team).
I can remember Mr Sheldon Gomes (our football trainer), Mr Chow Fatt (geometry teacher) , Brother Frederick (chemistry teacher; he left the Abbey because he chose to get married with a very pretty girl).
Remember Cutty (Father Cuthbert), Bobo (Father Bernard, the principal), Father Theo (he went to Holland in my second year).
I remember the bus driver when we went to play vs Arima High School, football, and we lost; he said that the only good thing we had was the colour, because all of us were white.
Six months later you had the big race problem in Trinidad; civil troubles called The Black Power.
After that (January 1970) I didn't hear anything of Trinidad and the Abbey School, until today.
At this moment I have a big family; my wife (a very good woman, a black woman; a marriage of 30 years), 2 sons (27;12), 2 daughters (24; 16) and 2 grand-daughters (3;1).
I am a physician (paediatrician and paediatric internist) working in Lechería, Estado Anzoátegui, Venezuela, and I am very glad to enter in this new-old circle of friends.
Perhaps we could meet someday, sometime, and could have a good time, a good and long conversation.
Greetings to all of you, my brothers.
Daniel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfredo Benarroch has been working in the same Hospital for some years now, I hope you meet him soon, if he gets time off from the emergencies.
Alfredo has a brother Gustavo but I have had no contact with him as yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another guy is Pal Kecskemeti from I have no information to send, whom I have met twice in the last four years.
At that time I was visiting with him together with my daughter Victoria on my way to Trinidad by ferry.
----------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hector Ahow is also there in Pto. La Cruz and sends his greeting, my daughter Victoria (15) is a friend of Keyla his daughter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another old boy, Wbladimiro Diaz sends his greetings from Pto. La Cruz.
He is my Dentist and works about 500 meters from the other two Doctors.
I am trying to get his resume and hope to get it soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roberto Argenti, gold dealer, explorer, world traveler in the security business, antique collector and restorer, etc.
Unfortunately I did not take with me a recorder, because of the fascinating stories that I heard from him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now some lines from Maracay, here in Venezuela:
De: albache@cantv.net [albache@cantv.net]
Fecha: 29/09/2004 09:17:13
Ladislao:
Estoy usando solamente mi celular por ahora: 0414-5894865.
Próximamente tendré uno de Cantv porque allí tengo un reclamo sin resolver.
Un abrazo.
Alberto Ache
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Donald Goddard"
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:22:59 -0700
Hola Peter:
The Louisiana Mount contingent was represented by Salvador Coscarart.
What I had mentioned in my email to Ladislao was that I would gladly attend the reunion if the wealthy Venezuelan like yourself, my brother Brian, Pradita, Urbano, and Isaias would send me the airplane tickets.
From your note it appears as though none of these guys went.
I presume that the tickets they sent to me got lost in the mail??
Anyway Salvador is back, had a great time, and will be sending me some photos of the event. But in all fairness, I do realize that at this time makes it difficult for most to travel.
My excuse is that Trinidad is too far to go for such a short period of time.
I still dream that some day I can visit the lovely island (preferably during carnival) and go up to Mount for a visit.
Best wishes to all.
Donald G.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Demorvay, Peter"
Sunday, August 31, 2003 12:40 PM
Hello Ladislao,
With all the notices prior to the big reunion of old Mount boys I thought some of the poor Venezuelans would make it to TT and take in some sun & fun in the Caribbean.
I thought I read Donald Goddard threatening to show up ??
As for me I would have liked to show up just to see how the old place faired.
Would like to see how some of my classmates look after all these years (I finished in the "middle ages" in 1962).
I don’t remember most of my classmates, except for those from Venezuela: Chabita ( Gerhard Most ) , Iwaskiewicz , Mickiewicz .
I know I kept the list of my classmates, but to find it is another matter.
I managed to pass through Piarco airport many times in the 60´s and 70´s on my way to Grenada .
I can understand how David Bratt feels about the place.
Back then it was only slightly better than Grenada’s.
With the current work situation in the country I can only keep on working where I can , usually in these isolated God forsaken oil patches of Venezuela .
No chance for retirement, or a cushy job in a university with lots of time off.!!
Greetings to all those old Mount boys out there ..
Peter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need the names of the photo and possible date it was taken, final graduation date from Form V.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: By Luciano Mellone, Class 1975 taken in 1973.
lucianos photos 3 INSERT NAMES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Look at www.paxabbey.com for information on the Monastery, Mt St. Benedict.
For those that want to communicate with the web, use, webmaster@theabbeyschool.com,.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Kaviacion@cantv.net, or kertesz11@yahoo.com, for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number to idmitch@anguillanet.com,
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: +58 (0416) 612.5695
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.

No comments: